Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My TT bike = Romanian gymnast??????

Whoosssh….I feel my car slide to the left in the grandma lane on 395. I look in the rearview mirror a second later and start to see what appears to be a bicycle. It hits the ground and bounces up like a pogo stick. The gears in my brain start to turn, “blue….white…wait a minute those are the same colors as my TT bike.” One more flip with a spiral one eighty full tuck. “Oh shyte that is my bike. No Mr. car don’t run it over….its too pretty.” Miraculously a fellow UNR rider, the one and only Mr. Scott Leland comes to my aid and parks his car behind my baby to shelter it from the onslaught of evil gas guzzling cars. All and all it could have been a lot worse.
BDA
Powertap wheel destroyed……powertap hub “a ok”
One pedal eating alive………...Brightside pedals kept the frame from getting scratched.
Fork is gone……………………such a pretty fork
Small ding in the frame………..so sorry sweetie

Lesson learned car racks suck ass. My bikes will never see a rack again, unless it’s a girls rack then its ok.

4 comments:

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

inside, always.


such a gawdamn tragedy!

captain sassy pants said...

I know, funny thing is, After it flew away all I could remember is you telling me why you always put the bikes inside.

shawndoggy said...

ouch. that's the suck. But looking at your ride last night it could have been WAY worse.

captain sassy pants said...

very very true, and the good news is the hub still works, and chucks bikes has a fork for me. I just need to send in a picture of the damaged fork and I get another one for a 100