Wednesday, April 4, 2007

UNR Road Race

4/1/07 Mens Collegiate A Road Race out at red rock 80miles of fun in the wind. I had fun in the begining, I would go to the front and take a pull just so I could remember what it was like to be up front again. I felt special (short bus special), Max Jenkins from giant/cal strawberries and myself would take turns. Long story short there were attacks after attacks, I hung in as long as I could but it was too much for me. I ended up riding in with Mel Maalouf which was great I needed a tow in. I just didnt bring enough food. Mel had a lot of good advice to give me.......I am all ears.


Entire workout (184 watts):
Duration: 4:22:43
Work: 2888 kJ
TSS: 359 (intensity factor 0.907)
Norm Power: 227
VI: 1.23
Distance: 79.509 mi
Min Max Avg
Power: 0 1537 184 watts
Heart rate: 3 244 162 bpm
Cadence: 29 141 85 rpm
Speed: 0 126.4 18.2 mph
Pace 0:28 0:00 3:18 min/mi
Hub Torque: 0 387 85 lb-in
Crank Torque: 0 920 185 lb-in

5 comments:

shawndoggy said...

Max is your threshold power really 250? Given that you've been doing 300ish out at cold springs (granted only for one lap), I'd be willing to bet that it's at least 270. That's going to lower your TSS scores (harder to get points on the same ride when your ftp is set higher), and it's also going to mean that you need to work harder at each level, but it probably also better reflects reality.

captain sassy pants said...

Well if I am understanding everything correctly, when I got tested at Chad’s my threshold was 250, which puts me at a FT of 238. Its been about 9 weeks using the powertap. I plan on getting retested on April 18. I wasn’t training consistently before I got the powertap and from what ive read if you have some former training your threshold should go up a good chunk in a three month block. So I have been plugging away with 250 as my threshold number until I get retested. I am pretty sure that my threshold is higher now, example would be in my best 20min interval is now at 315. I am still learning this powertap game.

shawndoggy said...

What was your NP for your best 60 minutes in a hard race lately? That should also give you a decent estimate of FTP.

captain sassy pants said...

Look at you mr power man pretty good guess 273 is my hour of power. It happened week 5 of 9. Its tough to look at the races I have done to determine what my actual hour of power time is. I am hoping this weekend will go off with no issues and I can go hard for the whole race. My knee feels good, bike works, fingers crossed for no flats, and plenty of food for on the bike.

shawndoggy said...

just look on the side of the screen in cycling peaks... it shows your best 60 minutes...