Monday, February 19, 2007

newbie




I have been pretty excited about getting my powertap. I am starting to get some numbers and what do they tell me? Exactly what I have known all along but have had too much pride to ever admit…..I SUCK!!! Coming from a science background, it’s nice to have an easy way to see what form I am at. Now I can test to see if I am the “shit” or just plain shitty. Or in my case two weeks structured riding has increased my 20min time by 15watts.

Collegiate race season is quickly approaching, and for some reason several people on the team seem to think I am some type of super road racer. I don’t know where they got such an idea, I certainly didn’t say anything. Safe to say I am expected to race the men’s A division. I am not ready to race an 80-100mile road race, that’s pro distance. A cat 4 (mind you a cat 4 with two solid weeks of training) has no right in that division. So you could safely say I have some pressure to perform. That is until I evaluated my situation this weekend.

Where did the fun go??? I miss the roAd triPs. WhaT I miss the mOSt is the Churn OF the disc wheel, heArtbeat pulsating, and the wind whistling over my aero helmet. Its time to get back to basics, the guys are just going to have to deal with the fact that I am just a newbie. The plan is just to race B’s this year and have fun. Once school is out for summer, I can evaluate where I am at physically and what direction I want to go in for races.

As soon as I figure out how to export my graphs from cyclingpeaks software I will do so. In the mean time my TSS numbers for the first two weeks are……..drum roll please 680 and 749




What a pain in the ass it was to figure out how to post pictures, from cyclingpeaks that is.



1 comment:

Steven Woo said...

For a CyclingPeaks screenshot, get a full screen capture utility or image manipulation program like IrfanView and just use PrintScreen, then paste the screenshot into the program, then crop the image to what you want to display in the screenshot.