Saturday, February 24, 2007

It's a girl












I am pretty dam excited, my TT frame showed up on fri evening....of course I spent all night putting it together. I have to admit it was pretty scary putting it together. I haven't been around bikes that have a seat post that is integrated into the frame. Somehow I managed to cut the post straighter then a preacher's dick (excluding catholic preacher's).








The only problem I found with the seat post is that if you want the seat to be as close as possible to the seat post then you loose access to the adjustment bolts. I got around this by reversing the seat post, that way I can access the seat post clamp and the saddle bolt. The downside to this is I cant tilt my seat down anymore. Which seems ok for now...only time in the saddle will tell. I plan on getting two more items for the bike:




1) a look ergo stem to really dial in the position




2) a disc wheel cover, that way I can run the powertap and still get the aerodynamic effects of a disc. I just loose that beautiful sound :(




I can't wait to get a TT race in. First race is UC Santa Cruz. Kind of sucks though they're having a RR that consists of thirteen 2.6mi laps, a HCTT. They are having a flat TTT.....except I don't have a team. Hopefully Berkeley will have a ITT

No comments: